FORMED A BLOG.

Look at me! I formed a blog!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Edge of twenty-five (with apologies to Stevie Nicks)

Tomorrow, I turn 25.

When I was still working at The Pitt News, Leslie reviewed a book called Quarterlife Crisis: The Unique Challenges of Life in Your Twenties. I was still copy editor at the time, and not yet 21, and I thought, "Oh, piffle! These weiners don't know what they're talking about! I can't wait to be 25. I'll be out of college, and living on my own and have a job and life will be awesome."

Ah, the callowness of youth.

I'm having trouble enumerating all the ways I feel deficient in turning 25, deficient in achieving all those mileposts of young adulthood (graduating, getting your first job, having a boyfriend, moving out on your own, the list goes on.) I'm turning 25 and what do I have to show for it? I live at home, I have a shit job, I have no boyfriend and barely any money. My friends are getting advanced degrees, and moving to wonderful, sexy places, and getting married and having babies.

But I am truly lucky to have friends who not just tolerate me but seem to actively enjoy having me around, a lovely if loud and abrasive family, absolutely NO DEBT (seriously, this might be the most important thing to me), and my health. They all indulged me these past few weeks on my berfday divatude/drain-circling despondency. So I'll just say thank you to all the people I've complained to about turning 25 and eat some wings.

0 FORMED A COMMENT.

Post a Comment

<< Home