FORMED A BLOG.

Look at me! I formed a blog!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Six months behind on everything

A few years ago, two of my friends had a good laugh at my expense. We were talking about the then-new Beck album (I think it was Sea Change) and I said it didn't wow me. They said, "Oh Clare, it doesn't matter whether you like the new Beck album or not, because in six months' time it'll be your new favorite thing." Then they laughed and laughed and laughed, and I died a little inside. Because they were right.

In keeping with my "six months behind" steez, I give you FORMED A BLOG. 'Cause, y'know, I'm six months behind the blog zeitgeist.

What can you expect from FORMED A BLOG? You can expect ruminations and commentary on work, friends, going out, shows (both TV and live music), "the scene," hipsters, family, Philadelphia, music, pop culture, links to stuff, shopping and anything else I find. You can expect it to be relatively funny, and very occasionally poignant. You can expect overuse of the following words and phrases: so, like, fuck, zeitgeist, strategery, whatevs, shows, "mother of pearl!" "for Pete’s sake," parenthetical statements, double dashes (like this --), too many commas, and too many subordinate clauses. You can expect me to make fun of people with bad taste while absolving myself of guilt about my own questionable taste. Sometimes there will be photos. And this "post to your blog from your phone!" thing is tantalizing.

So welcome to FORMED A BLOG. Look at me! I formed a blog!

0 FORMED A COMMENT.

Post a Comment

<< Home